From Tasha Thompson, creator if the wildly popular (and addicting) Facebook group, Steiner Sells:
Over the course of the last 9 months, managing Steiner Sells has been exciting, rewarding and sometimes, exhausting. I am often asked “Why do you do it?” There are days I ask myself that. Then, there are the days (which are frequent) that someone expresses what a blessing it is to them and their family, gratitude for getting to know their fellow neighbors and simply the relationships that have grown and blossomed because of Steiner Sells. It has been a blessing to my family and I, in many ways.
That being said, I have always had the best interest of our group in mind. Although it may have seemed as though I didn’t act on your suggestions, concerns or constructive criticisms, I always took note and paid attention.
I have made every effort, rule and guideline to keep the group, page, and members as organized and safe as possible be but there are limitations operating as a facebook group.
This all being said, I have an exciting announcement for our group. In 24 hours, we will be shutting this page down and all existing members will be migrating over to OUR NEW WEBSITE @ www.neighborhoodsells.com. Existing members will simply go to the web address, click the “log in with facebook” button and you will be brought to the page with the feed.
As soon as you log in, you will see many things that look similar but also new “extras.” Please remember, this is NOT facebook so a lot of things work the same but some things operate a tad differently. You will need to learn to operate on this platform.
After you log in, go to the “HOW IT WORKS/FAQs” tab to learn to navigate the new page.
There are features that are the same and there are features are BETTER and that actually function. For example:
-Categories: You will be able to add a category to each posting. These categories are also “searchable.” I know, I know….I am excited here, too.
-Posts: When posting, you are able to post more than one photo, if you desire, of the same item! No more albums and the confusion that went along with posting.
-Posted Items List: No more searching through 5K to find your posts. Each member has a “Posted” list under their account. to which they can EDIT (yes, and it will work) a post and refresh itself on the feed. This list is to help you stay organized and have all of your posts listed in one area.
-Search line: You are able to SEARCH the site for something in particular, in addition to using the categories as an option.
-Notifications & Messaging: Neighborhood Sells has it’s own Notifications and Messaging system so now, when you log in, you will be able to actually see your notifications for your items and they aren’t mixed in with other non related notifications. As far as the messaging system, there is no longer an “other” messages folder.
-Tags & Notifications: Posts will be tagged with different flags so users can see if something is “pending” or “picked up.”
-Archives: Posts will not go into the facebook black hole once they are deleted. We have an area of the site dedicated to these posts and retrieving them.
-Mobile version: Neighborhoodsells.com also has a mobile version so it is accessible on iphone and android devices. Attached to this document is a quick guide to instruct you on how to add the Neighborhoodsells.com icon to your home screen on your mobile device for one click access.
-Address verification: We have experienced several security issues as far as non residents joining the page and falsifying their information. (You know something is going on when a lot of new members requesting to get added suddenly all moved into Bella Mar?!) So, moving forward, all new members will go through a quick address verification process that is provided by a secure service. This is all an effort to keep us safe.
-Copying, forwarding, reproducing of Neighborhoodsells.com® : Sadly enough, I have to mention this. Neighborhood Sells is registered in the state of Texas #801788440 and is pending with the USPTO. What that means, is there is NO copying, modifying, or reproducing ANY texts/photos is allowed without written consent of author, me. I want everyone to know that I didn’t file for protection because I have a big ego or anything like that. I was forced to do it because, unfortunately, there are people that have copied, verbatim, “rules” and “guidelines” that I set up on the page, and used it to their advantages. If I was in it for the money, believe me, I wouldn’t be here. This needed to be said. Done.
Neighborhood Sells, All Rights Reserved, NS, 2013, SM. No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of the author. You may share this website by ONLY the following means: 1. Referring new members to the group. For questions about any other mode of sharing, please contact the Tasha @ email@example.com.Persona
l and/or commercial use and distribution of the contents of the page is not allowed without express and prior written consent of the author.
Neighborhoodsells.com is ready for you. There is no “easy” way to do this, so read the following and please adhere.
It won’t be “error free,” but I will try to make it as painless as possible.
The group shut down process will go as follows:
1) If you have a “sale in progress” which means you are waiting for a person to pick it up, it will stay on for 24 more hours. If you don’t have the buyer’s information, please write it down. Please do not wait until the last minute to write down your “sales in progress.”
2) All items that are posted and either have no interest, have become stagnant, etc, will be deleted as soon as possible. Go and post on new site.
3) If you have items that were just posted and no interest, post on the new page. These posts are going to be deleted.
4) If anyone posts on Steiner Sells after this announcement, the post will be deleted immediately.
5) All members will be removed from the group after 24 hours.
If you do not want to join the new website, we will miss you, but please send me a message through facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure you are removed as an active member.
Neighborhood Sells, All Rights Reserved, NS, 2013, SM.
I want to add an icon/bookmark to the homescreen of my mobile device for Neighborhoodsells.com
1) Tap the “Safari” on your iPhone home screen
2) Type the name of the website you want to bookmark in the Search bar in the upper-left corner of the screen and then tap the “Search” button in the lower-right corner of the screen to access www.neighborhoodsells.com
3) Tap the bookmark icon located at the bottom-center of the Safari application. The icon looks like an open book.
4) Tap “Add Bookmark.”
5) Enter a name for the bookmark in the Name field.
6) Tap “Save” to create your bookmark
1) Tap the homepage “Programs” arrow in the lower left corner of the home screen.
2) Tap “Internet” to open your web browser. Tap the address bar and type the address of the site you want to bookmark.
3) Tap the “Menu” button, and then tap “Add Bookmark.”
4) Tap “Done” to add the bookmark.