With the garage sale being tomorrow (9/15/2018), I thought I’d share a few tips that I have been successful with the last few years:
- Put prices on things. Things get hectic and it’s easier for people to make decisions when the price is clearly labeled.
- Post your sale on Craigslist with photos and lists of the type of items you will have, i.e. baby furniture, adult clothes, small appliances, etc…
- Post signs! Don’t assume people will just drive around Steiner looking for you.
- A Ping Pong Table makes a great large area for display.
- Encourage bulk buys – like 3 books for $2 to get rid of more.
- GET CHANGE AT YOUR BANK TODAY!! The Wag A Bag will not give you change tomorrow.
- Selling electronics? Have an extension cord set up so people can make sure things work.
- Have a plan for your left over stuff! Goodwill will be at the HOA (Towne Square Community Center) after the sale 12-2 PM to pick up anything you want to donate.
Good Luck and Stay Dry!